The citizens of Cobb County deserve a Superior Court Judge that is Fair, Honest, and Qualified. Vote Normarene Culver Merritt for Cobb Superior Court Judge on November 2, 2010 and you can count on “Justice with Merritt.”
Normarene Culver Merritt has over 34 years of legal experience, has been educated at the country’s most prestigious institutions, and is a dedicated member of the community.
Learn more about Normarene by viewing the Normarene Culver Merritt Biography.
Highlights of Normarene’s life and achievements include:
- She has 34 years of legal experience.
- From 1981 until 2007, Normarene served as the Deputy Solicitor/Prosecutor and an Assistant Solicitor of the Atlanta Municipal Court.
- Normarene currently serves as City Solicitor/Prosecutor for Hogansville, GA.
- Merritt was widowed after 37 years of marriage.
- She is the proud mother of three children: Katrina Irene Walker, Hope Merritt, III “Trey”, and H. Madison Merritt.
- Normarene is the grandmother of four.
- Her law degree, JD, is from Emory University
- Normarene is very active in civic and religious organizations.
- She is a Certified Lay Speaker in the United Methodist Church.
- A member of Central United Methodist Church, she served as Church School Superintendent for the past 6 years, is a Church School Teacher and has served in many and varied capacities over the years, including the Atlanta-Marietta District Union (Board of Trustees).
- She is a Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc. alumnus.
Read her full biography here.